Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1st Class Question

1) What have you done this week that directly or indirectly involved a database? How would your week have been different in a world without databases?
              This week I directly used a database when I used Google. My week would be very different if I did not have Google.  I needed to research an art piece for my TOK essay so I used Google to search up different art pieces throughout history and articles or critiques about them.
             Another database I used this week was Collegeboard. Collegeboard offers students a survey that will help them find the right college for them. It is called College Matchmaker. What you do is answer a list of questions and by the end it tells you which college fits your specific needs. I used this database this week to look up some college options that I have.               

No comments:

Post a Comment